The fall and winter season can be a really stressful time. We transition out of a fun, laid-back summer and almost immediately we have to get back into our routines to finish the year strong.
From work responsibilities to personal commitments, we can feel a lot of pressure as we realize there’s only a few months left before the end of the year. This pressure tends to manifest itself in the form of stress, lack of sleep, poor eating habits and simply a jam-packed schedule as we attend everything from networking events to holiday parties.
Combine all of this with the cool, dry climate and well…not only do we feel tired but we start to really look like it too.
To listen to an audio version of this blogpost, click Play below!
Yes, I’m speaking from personal experience and it’s not one I’m proud of. As soon as the cooler temperatures hit, my face gets extra dry and I start breaking out. I typically do not wear any makeup on a regular day but to cover up my breakouts, I find myself putting on foundation which only makes my skin worse.
My personal self-care regimen is not perfect. In fact, typically my self-care days involve binge-watching a show on Netflix while snacking on a bag of popcorn. Quite honestly, I don’t give my skin care much thought even though these salty foods can certainly contribute to my breakouts as well.
It was almost perfect timing when I received the opportunity to try out the For Beloved One Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Bio-Cellulose Mask and Moisturizing Serum. I was becoming tired of the current state of my skin and needed to develop a good skin care regimen…and fast! I purposely waited until the Monday night on the long weekend to try this out so that it would be the perfect way to relax before starting the work week.
Here’s a short play-by-play:
- I started by cleansing my face to ensure that it was completely clean before putting on the mask
- After peeling off the protective layers both in front and behind the mask, I placed it on my face and then used my fingers to spread it so that everywhere was covered.
- Again, I’m not a huge skin care guru so I was probably way too excited by the fact that it was instantly so refreshing on my skin. It was like I could feel it moisturizing my pores and I felt super relaxed.
- I had to wait about 15-20 minutes before taking it off so during this time, I may or not may not have decided to pop back downstairs and scare my husband LOL!
- Ok, 15 minutes were up and I peeled it off. My face felt pretty good! You also don’t have to rinse it off so I just used my fingers to rub in the rest of the solution that was visible on my face and then proceeded to use the serum.
- I pumped a small amount into my hand and massaged it into my face. Not bad! My skin felt really hydrated and it hasn’t felt that way in a while.
Of course, I’ve only used it once so I know that to really see results that I’ll need to continue using it but it was a much-needed reminder that I can’t keep ignoring skincare because it’s a very crucial part of self-care. When my face feels dry and I have tons of breakouts, I don’t feel very good about myself and it starts to affect my self-esteem. It’s not a good place to be in.
I’m committed to being way more proactive with my skincare so that even if I am a little tired from my commitments, you definitely won’t be able to tell! I hope that this encourages you to do the same. I know, we’re all so focused on finishing the year strong but make sure that you take some time for yourself and give your skin the attention it deserves.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary PR sample of the mask and serum but this post or my opinions were not sponsored in any way. I only feature products on Do Well Dress Well that I have personally tried and feel confident that it would be of benefit to my readers.